A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Head Chef to lead the team at our Woodmansey Garden Centre's restaurant. Our Centre at Woodmansey is owned by the Klondyke Group including William Strikes Ltd. It is a family owned business and independent group of garden centres operating throughout Scotland, Northern England and Wales.
The restaurant will boast an impressive menu serving the highest quality, mouth-watering dishes using the best local produce along with sweet treats and home baking from our client’s on-site bakery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-experienced Chef who will relish the prospect of working in this fantastic facility.
The main duties in this role are to lead the kitchen team, taking full ownership and being a passionate team member. You will be a real personality, an excellent hands-on Chef who can help to keep our restaurant as the number one place to visit.
You will be a true foodie, confident and have experience managing a team which will include a second chef, baker, commis chefs and kitchen assistants. The role will also include ordering, planning menus, stock and ensuring service standards are at the highest level.
The successful candidate will, along with the Restaurant Manager, run the operation as if it were their own, drive sales, implement ideas and deliver freshly cooked meals that rival any local restaurant. The role has a great deal of scope and if successful you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and be rewarded for your success.
You could be an experienced Head Chef or a very competent and ambitious 2nd Chef looking for their next step up.
• Previous experience in a busy high volume restaurant or coffee shop operation.
• A passion for using only the freshest ingredients and delivering only the best food.
• Experience in designing menus using locally sourced produce.
• Enthusiastic, bright and bubbly with a great deal of charisma
• A great personality with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff alike.
• A passion for excellent service and serving the highest quality food and home baking.
• Strong people skills and the ability to train, motivate and develop your team and liaise between both the front of house and kitchen teams.
• Back of house skills and the ability to do the weekly paperwork providing stock figures and writing rotas, controlling labour costs etc.
• Proven ability to drive sales and improve the business
You will be involved in the initial recruitment and training of your staff as well as in the designing of the menus. You must have the drive, energy and personality to see you thorough what is a busy but very enjoyable role.
Salary and Rewards:
• Attractive salary
• Performance related bonus scheme
• Enhanced holidays
• Full training
• Daytime only hours
• Staff incentives
• Discount scheme
This is a full time position and will include weekend working