A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a professional Food and Beverage Manager join our team at our newly refurbished Klondyke Garden Centre. The successful applicant will have previous experience within the Food & Beverage and / or Retail Industries, as you will be responsible for managing a large food and beverage operation which includes a beautiful new 500 seater Restaurant, Coffee Bar, Farm Shop and Bakery.
You will have a track record of driving sales and volume in a hospitality or retail food business and the ability to take advantage of every opportunity to develop and grow your business and ensure quality service and standards are maintained whilst delivering a unique customer experience.
This role requires an exceptionally hands on, motivational manager- who will, ensure standards and service are delivered consistently, whilst providing ongoing coaching and development to their team. You will also be responsible for ensuring Houghton Hall becomes the training centre for Food & Beverage within the group.
Klondyke is a destination garden centre where all customers are offered only the best products with superior service. We offer a menu of locally inspired meals, a food hall offering food and drinks from local producers and a coffee bar serving snacks and drinks using local ingredients sold in our food hall. Your job will be about making sure we deliver the best levels of service to all our customers, whether they’re popping in for a coffee, picking up a gift, after a tray of bedding plants, having a family weekend brunch, or attending one of our food hall wine tastings. You will ensure consistent high quality delivery of our Restaurant and Café Eden menus and specials, promote sales, and keep our food hall displays looking totally amazing.
• Manage all day-to-day F&B operations within budget and to the highest standards
• Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and ensure delivery in line with KPI’s
• Design menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements in line with company standards
• Ensure department is led by example
• Design and deliver training for the group catering and retail food departments
• Be part of the senior Food & Beverage team
• Reporting to the Catering & Food Sales Director, you will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and guidance to your department managers and operational team members while ensuring all financial targets are met and customer experience exceeds expectation
• Proven track record within a high-volume Restaurant, Bar or retail food establishment.
• Experience of managing diverse teams across all skill and service levels
• Previous financial accountability and used to working with financial KPIs
• Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
• Management of day-to-day staffing requirements, performance and development goals for team members.
• A passion for high quality food and service is a must along with a good sense of humour
We are a friendly and staff focused company who understand that it is our staff who make our business.
This is a Full time role and will include weekends so flexibility is a must.