A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Butcher/Food Hall in our Houghton Garden Centre. Our Centre at Houghton Hall is owned by the Klondyke Group including William Strikes Ltd. It is a family owned business and independent group of garden centers operating throughout Scotland, Northern England and Wales.
We are looking for a Trainee Butcher with the right attitude to join the team at Houghton Hall Garden Centre. We are passionate about what we do, and always put customers first. Previous experience is desirable for this role.
The job will perform a full range of butchery skills and duties will include:
• Preparing and cutting carcasses
• Preparing and cutting specific joints/cuts of meat
• Serving/greeting customers
• Gathering/packing for deliveries/orders
• Daily order/Freezer/fridge stock control
Skills needed for this role:
• Experience working in a customer facing role
• Attention to detail
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Physical stamina
• Ensure that preparation and display is of the highest standard
• Have a positive attitude and be willing to learn about the products that we sell