A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chef to help in our Garden Centres restaurants throughout Cheshire. We are a family-owned business and independent group of garden centres operating throughout Scotland, Northern England and Wales.
Our restaurants boast impressive menus serving the highest quality, mouth-watering dishes using the best local produce along with sweet treats and home baking from our on-site bakers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-experienced Chef who will relish the prospect of working in these fantastic facilities.
You will cover the Cheshire and Stafford area and the position attracts a competitive salary, staff discounts and a company car with fuel expenses. There may be the occasional overnight which will be fully paid for.
The main duties in this role are to provide holiday and emergency cover in our kitchens. This could be covering our Head Chef, leading the team or helping when the team is low due to holidays. You will take full ownership and being a passionate team member. You will be a real personality, an excellent hands-on Chef who can help to keep our restaurants as the number one places to visit in the area.
You will be a true foodie, confident and have experience managing a team which could include a second chef, baker, commis chefs and kitchen assistants. The role will also include ordering,
The successful candidate will be part of the senior catering team and as such from time to time be requested to take on additional responsibilities such as audits and menus development.
You could be an experienced Head Chef or a very competent and ambitious 2nd Chef looking for their next step up.
• Previous experience in a busy high volume restaurant or coffee shop operation.
• A passion for using only the freshest ingredients and delivering only the best food.
• Experience in designing menus using locally sourced produce.
• Enthusiastic, bright and bubbly with a great deal of charisma
• A great personality with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff alike.
• A passion for excellent service and serving the highest quality food and home baking.
• Strong people skills and the ability to motivate and develop your team and liaise between both the front of house and kitchen teams.
This is a Full time role and will include weekend working so flexibility is a must.