We are a completely family owned, independent group of garden centres operating throughout Scotland, Northern England and Wales.
As a Kitchen Porter you role is to ensure both the front and back of house teams have a constant supply of clean crockery, cutlery, utensils and equipment. Storing all crockery, cutlery and small equipment is stored in the correct and safe manner whilst ensuring a clean and tidy work area is kept at all times. Working alongside and communicating effectively with all staff and management. Upholding high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times.
You will be expected to work with various pieces of equipment including dishwashers, steam cleaners, electric floor mops, and vegetable graters. Full training will be given on all equipment as well as current COSHH and health & safety legislation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience of working within a busy kitchen, maintaining high quality standards and coping well under pressure
- Great teamwork skills
- A hardworking and friendly personality
- A sound level of food hygiene knowledge
- An understanding of the importance of prioritising stock rotation
- A pro-active approach to work
- Great communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
This role 30 hours per week over 5 days and will include weekend working so flexibility is a must.
Our Assistant rates of pay are dependent on age, and range from £5.26 per hour for 16-17 year olds, £6.61 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.41 per hour for 21-22 and £8.94 per hour for those 23 and over.